Preference/Non-Preference Enrolment Information
Enrolment Information for Parents Seeking Enrolment at Holy Trinity Catholic Primary School
1. State integrated schools select preference students on the following grounds
a. The agent for determining preference is the listed agents of the Bishop who may sign the certificate on his behalf
- Parish Priest of their Parish of Residence
- Assistant Priest of their Parish of Residence
- Priests appointed under c. 517/1
- Deacons and lay persons appointed to pastoral care under c. 517/2
- Ethnic chaplains who liaise with Parish Priests or their delegate
- Local committees appointed by the Bishop or by any of the above agents of the Bishop
b. The grounds for preference are:
Criteria for Preference of Enrolment in Integrated Catholic Schools:
5.1 The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
5.2 The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
5.3 At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
5.4 With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child’s upbringing undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church
5.5 One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
2. State Integrated schools have places for non-preference students
a) This school has a maximum of 15 places.
b) There are currently 0 places available in the 2022 year.
c) The school is now at 100% of its maximum and no non-preference places are available.
d) Non-Preference places criteria:
i. The applicants accept that they will be attending a school of special character and that their place in the school is conditional on their participating in the programme.
ii. The applicants accept that they will be required to pay attendance dues as set by the proprietor and these are not voluntary.
e) Non-Preference criteria that apply to this school.
1. The siblings of non-preference students already in the school.
2. The children of staff or Board members who seek to enrol their children.
3. Siblings of former non-preference students.
4. Non-preference students coming from another integrated school with the same special character.
5. Other children if a vacancy exists after all non preference children have been accepted and there is no children on the Preference Waiting List.
f) Non-Preference students who cannot enrol immediately may choose to be placed on a Waiting List. Students on this list are wait listed in date and will be contacted if places become available. Acceptance is at the discretion of the Principal.
Enrolment information is also available from the school in hard copy from the office.