Kia ora e te whānau,
We are currently in Alert Level 4 which means that our school will be closed to both staff and students.
It is really important we do everything we can to keep our community safe. Alert Level 4 means we need to stay home in our bubbles and avoid any travelling as much as possible.
Our distance learning plan is available on our Holy Trinity Catholic Primary School Home Learning Google Site – to access our Home Learning Site please click on the link HERE.
New student work content will be uploaded and updated on the site every Monday morning, from 10am.
To share and celebrate their home learning efforts, HERO allows you to post work that you and your child have done – just like Facebook! Go to the children’s individual “My Learning Wall” page on HERO to upload any home learning work that you want to share!
Other distance learning opportunities …
- Curriculum teaching and learning resources (with guidance for parents) can be found online here for English-medium and here for Māori-medium
- Home Learning TV can be accessed on demand here or via the TVNZ App on a device (mobile phone, smart tv or tablet)
- Mauri Reo, Mauri Ora can be accessed on demand from Māori TV for primary-aged tamariki and here for secondary school rangatahi.
Our focus as always will be to support the learning, safety and wellbeing of our rangatahi and tamariki and we continue to be here to support you as well.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s kaitiaki if there is something you need assistance with.
Key info for our families
The Ministry for Ethnic Communities | Te Tari Mātāwaka has just released some videos in different languages about the ‘Golden rules for Level 4’.
The language videos are in a number of languages – tagalog, spanish, portuguese, arabic, hindi, punjabi, farsi, mandarin, cantonese, urdu.
The Ministry has also created an online info hub for Pasifika parents, families and communities to support learning during Alert Level 4. Click on this link …. Pacific Peoples Families Information Hub
There are helpful updates on how COVID-19 impacts education and links to learning resources including:
- Quick and easy: Home Learning TV
- Alert Level 4 friendly: Learning from Home online
- Pacific specific: Dual-language resources
We’d encourage you to check the info hub page regularly – the Ministry of Education will be updating it daily!
Keeping you in our prayers and in our hearts as we ask for God’s Blessings on us all, especially during this period of time.